[Rhodes22-list] Rigging repair

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Oct 6 11:27:28 EDT 2014

Ted,
Most furling tubes are one solid piece from top to bottom. Apparently your
furling tube breaks down into two pieces. I have not seen that before, but
I can  imagine making a fitting to connect two sections out of round UHMWPH
which is a  hard, UV resistant plastic. Almost everything plastic on the R22
is made from  the stuff including the bearing material. Making new bearings
is not hard. A  saber saw, drill and sand paper are about all you need to
work with it. I've  made several pieces over the years including a new pop
top slider for my own  use. That lasted for quite a while until I replaced it
with one of Stan's heavy  duty newer designs.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/6/2014 10:06:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,