[Rhodes22-list] RC trailer setup - part 3

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Sep 2 15:32:37 EDT 2014

Dennis:
I gave some thought to your suggestion for taking some of the weight off the
fore strut of the boat and came up with a mechanism that seems to work well.
I used a scissor jack and a bow pad that I already owned and mounted them on
a 2x8 and placed it under the bow. I raised the jack just enough to put a
bit of pressure under the bow - not enough to lift it but enough to relieve
the weight. If I see hull deformation occurring I can give the jack a crank
to increase the support. This is intended only for long term storage on land
while I complete the restoration. It gives me some peace of mind.

Graham