[Rhodes22-list] Boat doesn't come up into wind

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Sep 8 17:25:18 EDT 2014

One would like a slight weather helm.  That is, the boat turns into the wind if you let go of the tiller.  Too much  weather helm and you are adding drag, with too little the boat may sail away with a jibe in your future.

Many factors affect this because it is a balancing act.  Factors: amount of centerboard, fore - aft weight distribution, sail balance between main and jib, traveler adjustment, etc.

Screwing around with the adjustments is one of the reasons we sail.

Have fun

Joe

Sent from my iPhone