[Rhodes22-list] Transducer Installation

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Sep 15 12:37:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

I had excellent results installing a Garmin Echo 200 depth sensor in my San
Juan 22. It seemed to be designed for transom mount. I used toilet ring wax
as someone else suggested and mounted it to the side of my, compared to
Rhodes, narrow keel slot (in flotation area so out of sight). It worked fine
through winter and summer.  Thought wax would be temporary solution but saw
no reason to change.

I did have to move it from a thick bottom area to a thinner area of hull - I
just tapped hull. I would think as long as area was relatively close to
horizontal, accuracy would be good enough. Especially in shallow water where
you care the most.

Good luck