[Rhodes22-list] rigging knife

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Sep 21 16:46:13 EDT 2014

Well a friend of mine was out in San Diego last weekend and took a look at
the Wichard rigging knife I mentioned in the original post. Both he and the
salesman at West Marine were concerned about the potential for cutting
oneself when releasing the lock on the blade by pulling the shackle blade up
to 90 degrees. While it might be OK at the dock, could be risky on the boat
in rough weather.

He subsequently suggested I look at the Myerchin rigging knife. I did online
and ordered the Gen 2 Captain Pro knife
http://shop.myerchin.com/BF300P-Gen-2-Black-G10-Handle-Captain-Pro-BF300P.htm
<http://shop.myerchin.com/BF300P-Gen-2-Black-G10-Handle-Captain-Pro-BF300P.htm>

I got it for $66 on Amazon and it came last week. Boy is it a well built and
rugged rigging knife! No regrets about getting it!

-----
Warmest regards,

Reid K. Hester, Ph.D.
Director, Research Div