[Rhodes22-list] Galley base stringer - two different designs

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Apr 1 13:31:08 EDT 2015

Bob:

The drawing of the floor structure that Chy posted shows the stringer under
the settee and the galley a going forward to the bulkhead at the V birth. On
my boat these pieces stopped at the main bulkhead and, therefore,  the
length of the piece is considerably longer in Chy's drawing than the
dimension I gave you.

The dimensions I sent were taken from the original piece suggesting that at
some point after my boat was built the layout changed. I don't know how
important that change was and which design should be followed. It may be
that the stringer going up under the head would make it difficult to install
the hoses for the head so I think I will stick with the design I already
have but wanted to bring the difference to you attention and anyone else who
might be relying on the dimensions I posted.

Graham