[Rhodes22-list] IMF issues or new mainsail?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Apr 3 16:06:03 EDT 2015

TedI am not promising that this is the solution, but several years ago I was so disgusted with the IMF on my boat that I was seriously considering changing to a standard main. Thankfully several on the list convinced me to persevere. I dropped the mast, pulled the entire assemble at the bottom of the inner furling tube, sent pictures to Stan. Also checked the top donut (this part was fine); Stan sold me all new bushings, goose neck, etc for the bottom of the furling tube. I reassembled the system and it worked just like designed. It really does not matter that much if the sail is blown out or wrapped a little loose or loose is some areas and tight in other areas (although those things will create some difficulty) if the parts are not worm out and sometimes need a little lubricant (I use a spray dry silicone, not WD40), then it will do OK. New sails and lub and it is WONDERFUL.
Blue Skys and Fair Winds
Charless/v DayDreams98 R 22