[Rhodes22-list] Docking and anchor lines

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Apr 21 13:32:04 EDT 2015

The safest and easiest thing is to keep your anchor and tackle at the bow
of the boat.  For decades, the R22 has been built so you can hang your
anchor from the bow pulpit and stow tackle in a bow locker.

It is OK to keep a light weight "lunch hook" in the cockpit that is dropped
from the cockpit for fishing or other attended activity.  But if the Coast
Guard sees you lugging your primary anchor around the boat during a safety
inspection, you're bound to get a citation.

Rick