[Rhodes22-list] Scuppers

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Aug 13 10:48:15 EDT 2015

I haven't had any issues with my stern scuppers however due to the positionof the hull I always had water sitting forward on the seats. I added two 3/4"drains in the forward corners. Epoxied them in whereby they sit very flush. Thatbrings the outlet under the seat but forward of the cockpit. I drilled a hole to fit a 3/4" hose about half way up the cockpit wall under the seat. I then ran the hosethrough and up onto the protruding drain using silicone to make the seal betweenit and the hose. Had to use silicone as it is a very tight and awkward place to getyour hand up and around into and still have any dexterity to work. The water drainsdown and onto the cockpit floor and eventually out the floor drain along with anyother water. Since doing that 2 years ago I haven't had any water sitting around the seats.
Phil Gauthier"RAVEN"Newport Yacht ClubStoney Creek Ont