[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit seat drainage.

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Aug 19 11:44:12 EDT 2015

Mike
Interesting thoughts, but a couple points/clarification/questions
1. The seat will probably be in the cabin when not in use so the point about water traveling within the core seems odd, unless you are meaning traveling within the relatively thin fiberglass of the cockpit benches
2. By inserting a fitting I would think that would be a small lip to prevent the water from completely draining through. I note that you did say flush fitting but I don't see how that could be done. Perhaps coating the raw edge of the drill hole in the fiberglass with something could address this concern ????  Living in Texas I am not too real concerned with the freeze thaw but before I drill holes would want to investigate the possibility of water entering the raw fiberglass (if that is even possible with fiberglass)

Sent from my iPhone

Charles
s/v Daydream
98 R 22