[Rhodes22-list] New Owner

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Aug 27 20:23:52 EDT 2015

Welcome David,
 I too,moved up from a Com-Pac 16,but that was 11 years ago. Never
regretted a dime I spent on the Country Rhodes. A lot of times,on big
wind days,I wouldn't go to the lake alone,because I didn't want to deal
with going out on the bow to hoist the jib,and keep the bow in the wind
while trying to hoist the main sail on the Com-Pac. With the Rhodes, I
never miss a big wind day for those reasons,I just stand in the cockpit
and reef or let out the sails as the wind dictates. One day this summer ,
I went over a mile,at 2.4  kts,with no sail,just the wind pushing the
hull. You are going to love your new boat,have fun.
The v-berth is just about perfect for two grand children,see picture at
bottom of page.  For long time listers,these are the grandkids of treasure
island fame.

Jerry Lowe

Country Rhodes '86

 I am the proud owner of a new to me '94 Rhodes.

> I am a low hour sailor moving up from a Com Pac 16.  I mostly single hand

 with or without the lovely wife on board.  I choose the Rhodes because I'm