[Rhodes22-list] Green goop with leaks

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Aug 30 15:21:02 EDT 2015

Hey guys, looks like I may have the dreaded deck to hull joint leaks on my recycled 1991/2013. I also have slight leaks at the bow pulpit through bolts. It's leaking green goopy sealant along the port side. I can see it on the white/gray carpet on the side of the port hull. I took off the bow railing and plan to rebed the through bolts using west systems epoxy. I started to clean out the existing holes by re drilling slightly larger holes and used a dremel tool remove some of the core material. I feel pretty good about the repair as there are lots of demonstrations on You Tube and various boating web sites.

What is the best way to remove the rub rail to inspect the deck to hull joint?

Cheers,
Ted

s/v AIRPOWER
Jacksonville, FL