[Rhodes22-list] Green goop with leaks

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Aug 31 11:03:33 EDT 2015

Ted:
I am not sure you intend to bed the bow rail to the deck with epoxy but I
would not do that. Definitely the plan to remove some core material in the
holes and filling that with epoxy is critical to avoid core rot - assuming
your deck is cored with plywood. At some point Stan changed from plywood to
foam core but I don't know when. For bedding I would use sealant (3M 4200 or
equivalent - not 5200) or butyl tape. I will be using butyl tape myself as
it seals beautifully, never hardens and is easy to remove as it has
virtually no adhesive qualities.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada