[Rhodes22-list] Trailering

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Dec 27 00:36:59 EST 2015

   Without mentioning the fact that it's probably illegal and a road
   hazard to other motorists; You will have more of the mast extending
   past the crutch than in front of it. The offset weight, with the
   weight of the mast head casting and bouncing while in transit will
   tear the mast step fitting out of the deck and you'll be dragging the
   mast and rigging on the ground.
   I would never even consider it.
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with [1]mail.com Mail. Please excuse my
   brevity.

   The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     I would think that is a bit of a stretch. The mast hanging out
     behind the boat while towing could potentially create hazards that
     you do not want to think about. Dry sailing with the boat just a
     hundred yards or so in an area free of overhead obstructions can be
     done if you are very careful; but, going any distance, I would nix
     the idea.
     My opinion only.
     Bob in Stuart, FL. R22 "NoKaOi 3"
     PS: To all on the List: Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that
     2016 treats all of us "Rhodies" to relatively calm seas and just
     the right amount of wind.
     Sent from my iPad
     > On Dec 26, 2015, at 1:43 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List
     <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     > Has anyone trailered with the mast still secured to the step and
     sitting on the crutch? I have the mast raising system and hoist but
     it is a PIA to unbolt and bring the bottom of the mast forward to
     the pulpit and secure it there. Wondering if skipping this is
     possible for our short hauls to the lake.