[Rhodes22-list] Miami Boat Show this weekend

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Feb 10 09:22:55 EST 2015

All,

Will any of our skippers be coming to Strictly Sail in Miami?  I will attend Friday and Saturday if the creek don't rise.  I will watch to see responses.  R,  Art (cover-man at comcast.net)

On February 6, 2015, at 1:14 AM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

Hi ALL ,
   I received my special anniversary issue of Sail Magazine early in the week but did not have time to read it., Volume 46 Number 2 February 2015.  Tonight I open it to the table of contents and guess what one of the articles was about?   Page 60, "Sealed up Tight When is comes to securing the hull to deck, which method is best?" by Don Casey.

The author states "Boat builders are increasingly relying on high-strength methacrylate adhesives to fuse the hull to the deck into a single, leak proof component, in some cases omitting mechanical fasteners all together".  Further he states that this process is expansive so some builders use flexible adhesives to bond the deck and hull, like 5200.  He goes on and states that repairs on the joint are not treated as two halves, since there is no reason to.  In most cases the deck to hull repair is done without a joint in the damaged area.

The article is very well written and easy to follow.  He explains the different hull to deck joints used.  Their strengths and weaknesses and the reason to for their use.

After reading the article, I think that I most of my ideas with a few minor adjustments.

Thanks for all your input.

Chuy
AfterMath  1987