[Rhodes22-list] internetoutboards: 8 vs 9.9hp

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Jan 2 08:23:02 EST 2015

6 hp is excellent choice. Good compromise between cost, power, economy & weight. I have used 4, 5 & 9.9 hp on mine in coastal ocean conditions & 6 hp is plenty in my opinion. Larger outboard uses too much fuel cutting range or forcing more fuel storage.  Also requires 2 people to lift the heavier large motors.

Stephen Staum
s/v Carol Lee 2
Needham, MA

Sent from my iPhone