[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard cap

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jan 15 09:38:21 EST 2015

I used 1/4" bolts, washers and lock nuts. In my case the cap was sealed with
something like 3M 5200, the cap was riveted on and then the whole thing was
covered with fibreglass cloth! Fortunately the fibreglass was applied so
badly it wasn't difficult to remove. In removing the cap it was badly
damaged as was the centreboard trunk join face so I had to fabricate and
attach a 1/8" aluminium surface with epoxy paste and rivets to create a
smooth face. None of that should  be necessary in your case.

Graham