[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jan 17 22:18:32 EST 2015

Brooks...simple solution...first..is your gasket in good condition?, second, do NOT use any sealer, 3. Just drill out each hole in the cb trunk to allow a stainless, 1/4" bolt to pass through. Be sure bolt extends at least 1/2" to 3/4" below trunk flange. Be sure to install washers above and below and snug up each bolt with 1/4" nut. Do this for each bolt, replacing each and every screw. Don't over tighten.
I had the same problem and actually effected this repair with the boat in the water! The key was to replace only one bolt at a time, tedious and time consuming but a very effective repair. I believe Stan has upgraded all refurbished and new c/b assemblies with this method. Did not leak a drop all season after this happened. I too found water in my cabin above the floor shortly after splashdown and had reworked my c/b in the spring with new blocks and line..but like you, the screws failed to make a tight seal. Bolts and nuts are the key.
Chris Greco
Feel free to call me to discuss if you like. Cell 631-871-6055. I will be in church tomorrow morning but available after 12:30

Sent from my iPad