[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jan 18 19:43:50 EST 2015

Graham,
You really need to look closer at his photos. This cap has gel coat.
Fiberglass does not adhere to gel coat. The areas around the holes have been
compressed and has damaged the glass and has caused total de lamination. Simple
 glass work this is not. I downloaded the photos to my computer and then
zoomed  in on them. The detail tells me this is a real mess. I will guarantee
that this  cap cannot be repaired with your method. You will have to remove
all the broken  glass and then be able to sand everything perfectly flat. I
certainly don't have  that ability and I've been repairing and building
boats most of my life and I've  been in several R22 centerboard trunks.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/18/2015 3:43:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,