[Rhodes22-list] Need tow vehicle recommendation

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jul 2 21:36:47 EDT 2015

I launched and retrieved a 2700 lb boat with dual wheel trailer  using my
trusty old 99 Passat V6 Front-wheel drive 5-speed stick shift. But I only
had to go a mile or less at 25 mph and had a very nice boat ramp. Before I
retrieved for real, I first tested retrieving when launching so I'd know if
it would work.

Very nervous because mileage around 160,000 and still on original clutch. It
went over 200,000 before I sold it - still with original clutch. Also
worried front wheel drive would be a problem.

It pulled it right out no problem - and got 30+ mpg on the highway (no
trailer).

So for local, low speed towing and launching/retrieving twice a year you can
get away with something smaller.

-----
Brooks Bridges
1986, Recycled 2006 "Changes"