[Rhodes22-list] Side Stay length

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jul 16 17:37:30 EDT 2015

Glad to see these. We have an 86

Larry Allen
Makai
Sarasota FL

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of The Rhodes 22 Email
List
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:22 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Side Stay length

I have shredded a side stay in a brief confrontation with a bigger boat.  I
would like to order the stay and replace it without having to lower the mast
twice.  I found this in an old email:

The old Rhodes Owners web site has the following:
---------------------
Sometime ago measurements of different components were discussed.

Some of the measurements on my 1987 boat with IMF:

Mast    26' 0-3/8"
Toping lift    60'
Upper shrouds    27' 111/2"
Lower forward    10' 11"
Lower rear    11-11"
Fore stay    27' 101/2"
Aft stays    29' 6"
Measurements are usually from pin to pin or end of threaded unit.

Rod Ellner
Hudson, Wisconsin

Can anyone confirm the dimensions and that it is indeed for the upper
shrouds (I assume 27' 11 1/2") and that it is for pin to end of threaded
rod.

Thanks for any help.

Ron