[Rhodes22-list] shroud covers

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jul 23 14:26:16 EDT 2015

Hello everyone

I have a 175 genoa and I'm having difficulties tacking; particularly when
there's little wind, the sails gets caught every time. From old posts I
gather that many in this list have shroud covers (e.g. PVC pipes), and that
this helps with the tacking.

My question is, can I install these covers without taking down the mast,
i.e. if I release the turnbuckles while the mast is up, will i be able to
tighten them again? Is this true for all the shrouds?

Many thanks

José

S/V STEADY STATE
1999/2015 R22