[Rhodes22-list] shroud covers

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jul 23 16:48:21 EDT 2015

Jose
     Yeah, going about in light winds is a bummer with that large genny.  The PVC guards do help, but the jib sheet still gets caught up down at the chain plate, because they push up the PVC.  The PVC is still good for helping with sail wear, and I have them on my boat.  However, I have taken (in light winds) to hauling in the genny so it clears the stays then redeploying it on the other side. The light winds will move the shortened sail right across.  It saves a lot of bull and make you look like a wise and practiced skipper.  Besides, in light winds, you are not really doing anything anyway.  This, at least, gives you a task.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River, MD