[Rhodes22-list] New Owner

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jul 26 19:38:35 EDT 2015

I've only locked mine once about 10 years ago,so the image is a little
fuzzy,but mine has a key hole in the middle of the front of the cover. If
you have that and the key,you might need a little penetrating oil to
loosen its inabitions.
I prefer the 130 jib,it moves across the deck cleanly when tacking.  On
smaller lakes this feature really shines. A lot of folks lower the boom
for the first reef,I prefer to shorten sail and keep the pop top up. When
the wind pipes up,I like to shorten the jib and bring it inside the upper
shroud to get a sharper path to weather. If you furl the 175 to 100 ,you
have a big roll of cloth on the forestay that the wind has to go around to
grab the sail, the 130, not so much(better sail shape). With the pop top
up you can reroute the lazy jib sheet from the comfort and safety of the
cabin.
You are going to enjoy the way Stan's baby is going to enhance your
sailing season!
Jerry Lowe