[Rhodes22-list] Antifouling paint

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Jun 1 08:14:13 EDT 2015

Rummy,

One more paint:  E-paint Ecominder.  I've had this paint on our boat since
it was new in 2010, with touch-ups once or twice, in the spring, to the
areas I can reach while the boat's on the trailer.  It's a hard paint,
water-based, with no metals.  I believe the manufacturer calls it more of a
release coating than a strong anti-fouling paint.  They also say it's
photo-ablative in sunlight, which works very well to keep the paint at the
waterline  clean.  (Unfortunately, our boat normally sits in a central Ohio
lake that's so thick with algae, mud and whatever else that the sunlight
can't reach more than a couple inches below the water surface.) The paint
cleans easily with a pressure washer in the fall.

Steve.
Granville, OH