[Rhodes22-list] Inoperative motor lift

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jun 2 12:08:29 EDT 2015

Before you start cutting and crimping!

I too ran into this problem with a 2007/2012 boat. Scratched my head several
times before I discovered I had dropped a ground wire behind the battery
when removing them for the Winter and failed to re-connect it in the Spring.
The ground wire was red, which also contributed to my confusion.

To confirm the motor worked, I used automotive jumper cables direct from the
battery terminals to the motor.  You can also check continuity from the
motor terminals back to the wires at the battery terminals. (With wires
DISCONNECTED from the battery)  And you can check voltage output at the
wires to confirm your not losing voltage to bad terminals.

I am now the owner of a brand new rocker switch that I didn't need and it's
beautiful!

That's the short story .

Marc B
s/v Baby Steps