[Rhodes22-list] Lifelong and fire extinguisher

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jun 9 14:48:08 EDT 2015

We mount the LifeSling on the aft rail right next
to the ladder. Top attaches to the rail and
bottom attachment goes to the backstay fitting.
We keep the boat in a slip for the season and
don't leave it on the rail when we are away from
the boat. We did find it in the water once when
we returned after an absence. The older style
cover had exposed velcro straps which
deteriorated in sunlight. We finally bought a new
cover for it but still don't leave it on the rail
when the boat is unattended for long periods of time.

Fire extinguisher is mounted in the cabin on the bulkhead near the sink.

Attached photos of both locations.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD