[Rhodes22-list] stern flush mounted stanchions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jun 9 16:21:32 EDT 2015

   Jefferson,
   You are not going to find exactly what you are looking for; because I
   too looked for months and couldn't find any.
   Stan probably has the side mounted bases custom made. That being said,
   I do not think he would sell you new bases...the reasons which would
   take years of backstory to explain. Even if he did, mixing the two
   would cause galvanic corrosion.
   Todd T.
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with [1]mail.com Mail. Please excuse my
   brevity.

   The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     Hello all,
     I'm planning to make an opening in my stern pulpit to accommodate a
     swim
     ladder. In order to do so I need to find a flush-mounted stanchion
     base that
     screws into the outside of the stern  my boat is a 76 and the
     existing two
     mounts on the stern pulpit are aluminum. I called the factory and
     actually
     spoke to Stan, who said it would be too much trouble to look
     through their
     parts and see if they had some of the original aluminum bases, and
     didn't
     seem to have the mounts used on newer boats, unless I
     misunderstood. I
     called West Marine after checking their catalogue and they had
     nothing for
     sale. All stern pulpit stanchions seem to mount on the inside or
     surface of
     the hull.
     So  has anyone replaced their stern flush mounts on an older boat,
     and if
     so where did they find them? What do newer Rhodeses have as a base?
     Are they
     mounted flush to the stern or on top?
     Help and advice greatly appreciated!
     Jefferson