[Rhodes22-list] Some theories on sailing problem wanted

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jun 11 06:35:48 EDT 2015

Brooks,
It isn't that sensitive. There is something else going on here.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/10/2015 9:15:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org writes:

Hi  Shawn,

Please let me know what you find out. Your situation sounds  identical. I'll
be very interested to hear what your rigger suggests.

It does seem like anything that makes the boat heel starboard side  down
would tend to make boat steer to left.  A lighter motor would do  that and
you and I both have one (I'm temporarily using a trolling  motor).  What
bothers me is I'm pretty sure I noticed similar helm  behavior when I had
the
9.8 Tohatsu on the boat last Fall. But other things  were going on so I
don't
trust my memory.

It's also hard to believe  the boat is this sensitive to such a small amount
of heel.

Brooks