[Rhodes22-list] stern flush mounted stanchions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jun 13 11:57:39 EDT 2015

I have never had a stern rail on this boat but had them on previous larger
boats. I found them to be both convenient at times and at other times a
nuisance. Sometimes it gives you a solid place to hold on to and at other
times it is an obstacle that you have to reach around. I have a manual motor
lift and I think the rail would be  a nuisance when raising the motor. On my
boat the mast is raised from the front so I don't need the rail for mast
raising. Whether it is a positive or not depends on whether you use it. If
you don't use it, it is just in the way.

All said, If I had one on my boat I doubt that I would remove it, but not
having one, I can't justify the expense of getting one. If the rods are not
welded to the bases, you should be able to easily remove it for a season and
see how you like it.

Graham