[Rhodes22-list] IMF issues

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jun 18 11:33:02 EDT 2015

Susan,
You will probably have to lower the Mast to fix this, but you might be able
to get it furled.  Going from memory here, I will try to get a photo
tonight since my mast is down.  I believe the furling tube connection to
the gooseneck slide consists of one ring shaped plastic type material
(torlon?) that surrounds the furling tube and another flat part that the
furling tube base simply rests on.  Sort of like a plastic cupholder.  On
mine these parts are attached to the gooseneck slide by screws coming
through from the outside.  Check to see if those screws seem tight and
normal.  If this lower plate on yours came unscrewed or broke loose (like
the bottom of cupholder breaking collapsing) it may be allowing the whole
tube to drop down.  You might be able to peek into the slot under the
gooseneck and use a stout screwdriver to push the bottom plate back up
until the furling line is aligned again.  It would be very heavy so you
would need someone to be pulling up on the sail and/or furling line at the
same time.  Just something to try.
-Patrick