[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: How do you say good-bye?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jun 18 19:28:33 EDT 2015

For those readers of Good Old Boat, the notice of Don Launer’s death was released in the last day or two. Don Launer was an early Rhodes Continental owner (’69?). He later went on to build his long term boat, Delphinus, 39’ schooner with many of Stan’s original designs incorporated into his Rhodes replacement. Specifically, the keel/centerboard arrangement, split backstay, all lines lead back to the cockpit among others.

He talked about a famous trip he and his son, Tom, made on the Rhodes up the Hudson from just north of NYC to Albany and back with favorable both coming and returning. He still enjoyed my Rhodes as a backup to his everyday boat, and often visited Stan and the Rhodes at the Annapolis show. His writings and lectures were among the most entertaining and informative in the sailing world. A good friend, he will be missed.

Jay Friedland
s/v Wanderlust, ‘97

Begin forwarded message: