[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Advice

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Mar 11 11:17:27 EDT 2015

Chris,

Over the last two years I've trailered my boat thousands of miles and I have never removed the motor when trailering. I also use ropes to distribute the weight of the motor and I remove the rudder. This technique was at the recommendation of the workers at the plant when I picked up my boat. That said, It certainly wouldn't hurt to remove the motor if you are physically able to do so and you have room in the truck.

I've also got into the habit of using some tiedown straps to secure the boat. But be sure that the straps don't rub on the gelcoat of your newly recycled boat. Rest assured, Stan's guys will make sure the boat is secure before you leave.

Cheers,
Ted

SV AIRPOWER
Jacksonville, Florida