[Rhodes22-list] propane outboard motor

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Mar 24 06:06:01 EDT 2015

Eric,
Placing the LP Gas tank inside the lazerette could be dangerous. At one
time I had a gas tank which I kept permanently in the lazerette, but this was
prior to my having the electric motor lift. If you have anything
electrical,  even speaker wires, I would not place anything combustible inside the
lazzerette. I don't like the idea of LP gas in the lazerette for another
reason,  stern weight. The R22 sails best with nose down. Adding the weight of
the tank  and fuel to the stern could be counter productive. Securing it under
a cockpit  seat seems to be the easiest the safest way to me. Remember, as
a LP tank heats  up and the gas expands, it will vent fuel to relieve the
pressure. A locker  built for that purpose seems to be the safest way to deal
with gas. Also, your  insurance company may have something to say about it.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/23/2015 7:26:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,