[Rhodes22-list] Permission to come aboard?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Mar 31 20:35:22 EDT 2015

Bob:
Don't let me spook you. Any boat that old is bound to have some problems but
just about anything can be fixed. The trick is to not let problems go too
long - especially problems with the deck core. Some, if not all, of the
problems I identified are probably unique to my boat. I don't know whether
the contractors who built the older boats did the layup or just assembled
the parts. Nor do I know how many contractors were used and what the
differences might be between them.

Many of the older boats have problems with the floor stringers rotting out -
which is not a surprise given that the bilge is often wet and the stringers
are wood.

What is the ballast arrangement with your boat? In mine I have a stack of
steel bars fiberglassed to the hull just forward of the forward bulkhead.
Some boats apparently have cement there.

Graham