[Rhodes22-list] Main sail question

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun May 17 15:24:31 EDT 2015

HI Susan and welcome,

    The vertical batten allows for a larger mainsail area by allowing
more material
in the aft end of the sail while maintaining the shape of the sail.
Without the batten
the leach would flop around.  The older Rhodes 22 mainsails were of the
traditional
triangular shape and tended to be overpowered by the large genoa.

Ron (L)