[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift Switch

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Nov 6 14:36:07 EST 2015

On the off chance some of you might have done like me and dumped the motor lift remote overboard (having neglected to attach a float,) here is a switch that I had some difficulty finding but which works well for wiring in a more permanent solution for the winch.

Purchased from GAMA Electronics:  30 Amp Rocker Switch Reverse Polarity DC motor control.  Item 129-PR-MOM.  (The MOM stands for "momentary" so when you push the upper rocker the motor rises as long as you hold the switch, then goes off when you let go.  Same on the lower rocker.)

It's water resistant.  And it only requires four connections:  pos, neg, and a wire to each terminal on the winch.  And it's pretty small.  I mounted it on the lazarette bulkhead just under the seat drain channel.

I always wondered what was going to happen when the battery on the remote died, which surely would have been while becalmed miles from home.  Now I won't have to worry.  At least as much.

Bruce M
Traverse City
s/v Tuxedo