[Rhodes22-list] Jib sheets hang-up

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Nov 14 12:24:04 EST 2015

There are trade-offs for most things. I sail on an inland lake, so I
sometimes have light winds. The 175 is great for those times. But I can see
where some folks would only need the 130. I put PVC tubes on my stays, but
the 175 still catches sometimes. You can back fill the Genoa and make it
come across faster and that might help at times. Or you can furl the Genoa a
bit to help make the tack. Most of the time I just have to run up under the
pop-top and help the sail across. For my purposes, the 175 is still a very
useful option and another reason I like the multiple options the Rhodes 22
offers. Just this past week I sailed on Tuesday with very light winds and
the 175 out, but still loved just being on the water even if only moving
slowly. On Friday, I sailed for the last time of the season with the pop-top
down and the main lowered and reefed and the Genoa reefed due to higher
winds and gusts. Options are great, but come with trade-offs.

Bob
Light wind Tuesday:
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n51229/IMG_2062_20151110_141236.jpg>

-----