[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Lift Line

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Nov 23 09:25:35 EST 2015

Thank you for the education on lines, as up to now it’s pretty much all been rope to me.

I believe my rudder lift line (which is what got this thread – no pun intended -- started in the first place) must be a polyester yacht braid.  But the old one is “softer” than the new one I got at West Marine which is too hard and/or slick to hold in the cam.

Are there different grades or types of polyester yacht braid, or is my old one just weathered, in which case I’ll need to figure out where to go from here.  I looked at changing the cam, but replacing that looks like a way more expensive solution.

Thanks again.

Bruce M
s/v Tuxedo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10