[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Floor

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Nov 24 09:50:50 EST 2015

Hello,

Water is getting under my cockpit floor via the stanchion that holds the
table post.

I reset it last summer, but was not happy with the job.  The the bolts were
machine bolts and not screws so there was little bite as they went mostly
down into foam.  I used sealant but don't think I got a good seal.

Thinking of resetting by filling the bolt holes with epoxy, drilling out
and using screws.

My wife noticed some separation of the gelcoat from the foam when she
stepped in the area.

She is not happy either.

Thoughts?

David Craft
Southport,  NC

PS- 70 degrees and 10 knot winds predicted this weekend.