[Rhodes22-list] Windward sheeting traveler

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Oct 2 17:04:31 EDT 2015

Yes that's right, but when you tack, you might need to reposition the
traveler car, closer to port or starboard along the stainless tube
depending on the wind conditions. The windward sheeting traveler makes that
repositioning unnecessary because it does it automatically. To do it
manually means you might need to manually release the line on the side
opposite you and then pull the car to where you want it. The wst simplifies
and hastens the process.  Does that make sense? On the other hand, they can
be quite pricey.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:49 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

> I don't understand your complaint. Mine and everyone I've seen sheet to
> windward.
>
> Rick
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:17 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <
> rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:
>
> > After many years of racing (and losing), hardware that I relied on and
> > would still enjoy using is a windward sheeting traveler. Perhaps in the
> > Rhodes 22 the stainless tube that connects the traveler and backstay
> lines
> > would need to be replaced with a custom bar that could accommodate the
> > ws traveler and backstays. I don't know.  In a cruising boat it may be
> > unnecessary fluff. Nonetheless, reaching to adjust the traveler in both a
> > breeze and a calm is a bit inefficient, I think. Any ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Jay Marshall Weiss
> > Hanali R22
> > Poughkeepsie, NY