[Rhodes22-list] masthead light--recycle do overs

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Oct 3 16:18:38 EDT 2015

Ted,

Why are you making this so hard?

If you insert one of the two LEDs backwards, it will light when the power is
reversed.  Tie the two "plus" leads together at the mast deck connector to
the plus terminal and leave the "minus" terminal as originally wired.  Then
replace the original masthead light switch with a polarity reversing switch
as in the attached diagram at the bottom of this email to select which LED
is energized, since the anchor LED and steaming LED are never on at the same
time.  Use a DPDT, center-off switch to provide steaming light in position
A, anchor light in position B and all off in the center position.

Mike
s/v Windlass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY