[Rhodes22-list] Tiad bearing protectors.

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Oct 9 07:49:38 EDT 2015

   Joe,
   If the fit is internal, meaning you are trying to tap the cap into the
   hub, try putting the cap in a plastic bag, and stick it in the freezer
   for an hour or so. If it will shrink a couple thousandths it may go in
   easier.
   Todd T.
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with [1]mail.com Mail. Please excuse my
   brevity.

   The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     When i installed mine i had to use a piece of a 2x4 to cushion the
     bearing buddy and a rock sledge to "tap" it in!!!
     Bob (palatka)
     > On Oct 8, 2015, at 3:08 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List
     <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     > Hi everyone:
     > Query: what is the size for a bearing protector for our trailer?
     I measured it, and the closest one out there is 2.441. I got the
     item, compared it to my caps...Perfect Match! However, on
     attempting to tap in the protector, there was a severe lack of
     success. It had no tapiinability. The lip of the protector squeezes
     on, but it rails against my escalating levels of force, as if to
     mock me as I kneel beside the trailer with greasy hands. I could
     have gotten the same result by just repacking the bearings.

     > I tried both sides with the same result, which lead me to
     reinstall the caps and put the source of my aggravation in the
     garage, where it can`t see me or openly gloat at my unmanly
     mechanical methodology. So, can anyone inform me how to solve my
     dilemma, and at the same time shame the demonic bearing protectors?