[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit drain

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Oct 12 21:13:07 EDT 2015

Not all that unusual for this drain to clog with barnacles or other critters who find the drain hole on the hull bottom.  Just be careful that you do not cause damage when "chiseling" them out.  Open the back laz lid and you will see the hose that connects the drain.  By looking at it while using some pliable, but stiff,  instrument you should be able to guide your instrument to the connecting apparatus that leads to the hull bottom.  I've had success with relatively stiff cable type wire.

Actually when I pulled the boat for hurricane season in June, I had to use a narrow screw driver to dislodge the critters when we were detailing the boat before putting it into storage.  I nearly turned to cockpit into a shallow bathtub.  Just be careful not to damage the connecting fixture.

Cheers, Bob in Stuart, FL   R22 "NoKaOi 3"

Sent from my iPad