[Rhodes22-list] spongy cockpit sole

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Oct 16 08:57:39 EDT 2015

My 1983 cockpit floor is cored with wood.  Beneath the fiberglass there is the poured flotation foam.  Mine is rock solid.  The likely source of water infiltration is the cockpit table base.  Make sure to line the coring of the table base hole with epoxy or core rot may ensue.
Recoring is a tedious job!
The biggest problem is that if not all of the wood is rotten then you have areas of full fiberglass adhesion that makes it difficult to lift the cut section out.
Study your spongy part carefully.  You may get by with a partial repair instead of having to remove the whole thing.

Bob (palatka)