[Rhodes22-list] Port tack problems

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Oct 24 14:18:13 EDT 2015

Ted,

Do not see the picture.

Some things that can cause the different speeds on different tacks.

Tension of the side stays.  They should be the same on both sides . Use a Lewis gauge to set this according to your manual.

The traveler.  If you are not actively using the traveler, make sure it is centered and not slipping down on one tack.

The jib/Genoa track adjustment.  Should be the same on both sides and give you a nice jib shape.

Back stay adjuster. Put enough tension on this to give you a nice main sail shape when under way .

Check that all of the trailing edge tell tales on the main are flowing when under way on both tacks.

Other wise, I give up and await better advise

Cheers,

Joe

Joseph Doucet
70 pumping station rd