[Rhodes22-list] Boat Ramp Parking

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Oct 27 14:07:21 EDT 2015

My wife and I are considering a purchase of a trailerable sailboat big enough
to sleep on, and after much research, the Rhodes 22 is currently at the top
of our list.  Feeling that I've probably answered the 'which boat' question,
I began researching other related topics.

We intend to use the boat mostly for multi-day trips, launching are
retrieving it for each trip, and bringing it home between trips.  I assume
this is a pretty common usage pattern.  The problem I've run into is that
long-term parking is not permitted at public boat launches in my neck of the
woods.

In calling the relevant state offices in Connecticut and Rhode Island, I
found that over-night parking at CT boat launches is limited to 1 night.  In
RI, it's not permitted at all.  The online regulations for Massachusetts
boat launches say that parking is limited to 18 hours.

So, it seems that my plan isn't going to work the way I envisioned it.  How
do people do this?  Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,
  Peter Nyberg
  future boat owner?