[Rhodes22-list] engine replacement

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Sep 15 17:24:06 EDT 2015

The engine may be fried. I acquired the boat last year without knowing its
maintenance history. Recently the carburetor was rebuilt and engine
overhauled, prop replaced, oil changed, that sort of thing. There was no
issue until, of course, the engine was used in the water, and it then
overheated. My mechanic said the water pump repair would be difficult which
is why I'm thinking about replacement. If repair is easy I would have him
do it but I'm worried that he'll continue to discover just one more issue
in this old engine, although I'm not sure how many more problems he could
find.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

> Jay,
> Did you fry the engine or just looking for an excuse to replace it?  A
> faulty water pump (replace impeller) is a pretty easy and inexpensive
> repair. - Rob Lowe

J Marshall Weiss, DVM