[Rhodes22-list] engine replacement

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Sep 16 10:57:14 EDT 2015

we ran a Susiki for 15 years while a  liv a aboard cruiser..lived at
anchor so our dinghy got a lot of use..never a problem purchased it from
Titusville marina in fl and they took time to check it out each year before we
sailed NO CHARGE so we were anxious to buy another when we sold our cruising
boat,dinghy and Susiki which was still running great......My husbands  bad
health made us think buying a new motor would be good...well, the motor came
from an online dealer (We would never buy anywhere but LOCAL again)...After
2  years of trying to get warranty  help..which we got none..paid $150
three  times and twice they kept our motor over 3 months..after many trys with
suziki..we did find a dealer in Deland Fl   Deland Family Marina.who  was a
suziki Rep and a great place to do business I might ad ..who fixed the
problem...there was a missing part in the carb  this motor NEVER ran  correctly
and we never touched it..always to their rep...After many contacts  with
suziki with no help from them what so ever... We would NEVER purchase a  motor
on line nor a Suziki as the service was just really bad and so
unfair....The motor itself after nearly 2 years of trying to find a mech to fix  it, now
runs like a top but we have not and will never recover the three $150
charges from the marina shops that suziki would not honor..........As I  said
the motor now runs great and we are just glad to have it RUNNING and use of
our boat again..  We did buy  another motor so we could continue  sailing
while trying to deal with Suziki...so happy ending to a very expensive  story
....P.S our friends all bought Tahatsu engines at the same time and had no
problems and bought from local dealers.....

Helen
Rhodes22
(No name YET)
Sanford Fl

In a message dated 9/16/2015 10:32:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,