[Rhodes22-list] Electrical help- nav light anchor light combo

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Sep 18 11:50:08 EDT 2015

So, I am trying to figure out the best way to wire my nav lights and anchor light. It turns out my factory installed perko masthead light is both a steaming light and a anchor light. Who knew?!? When I turn on the masthead light on the circuit panel it only turns on the front steaming light part.

I always just thought it was just a steaming light. However, it is not wired with a switch to turn on the rear anchor light. Not to my knowledge anyway. See perko wiring instructions.

http://www.perko.com/images/catalog/pdf/Figs%201181&84%20Inst%20(1181INS1).pdf

So I take it I need to wire in a switch to control both?

How do you guys have your setup?

Cheers,
Ted